Build errors

I want to be able to do

  autoload colors zsh/terminfo

in a script, but my ISP does not support the zsh terminfo module, so I
tried compiling zsh from source.  After running ./configure I modified
the link parameter terminfo line in config.modules from

name=zsh/terminfo modfile=Src/Modules/terminfo.mdd link=static auto=yes load=yes

name=zsh/terminfo modfile=Src/Modules/terminfo.mdd link=dynamic auto=yes load=yes

My goal was to put the compiled terminfo.so file in my $HOME/.zmodules
directory, and add this directory to my modules_path variable.  (Then
I would discard the rest of my compiled zsh, and use the zsh provided
by my ISP in /usr/local/bin.)

When I ran make, it tripped on terminfo:

  gcc -c -I.  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DMODULE -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -O2 -fPIC -o terminfo..o terminfo.c
  In file included from terminfo.c:53:
  /usr/include/curses.h:452: `underscore' redeclared as different kind of symbol
  ../../Src/init.epro:6: previous declaration of `underscore'
  terminfo.c: In function `bin_echoti':
  terminfo.c:78: warning: implicit declaration of function `tigetnum'
  terminfo.c:83: warning: implicit declaration of function `tigetflag'
  terminfo.c:95: warning: implicit declaration of function `tigetstr'
  terminfo.c:121: warning: implicit declaration of function `putp'
  terminfo.c:123: warning: implicit declaration of function `tparm'
  terminfo.c: In function `boot_':
  terminfo.c:385: warning: implicit declaration of function `setupterm'
  *** Error code 1

  Stop.

There seems to be some conflict with the local system's curses.h file.
Is there any way I can fix this?

Here are some system details:

  % uname -ar
  NetBSD my_isp3.my_isp.com 1.5.4_ALPHA NetBSD 1.5.4_ALPHA (MY_ISP-USER) #0: Thu Feb 26 14:11:15 EST 2004     root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/devel/NO-BACKUPS/release-1.5-20020917/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/MY_ISP-USER i386

Thanks!

PS: Please Cc: me in your replies