Re: recursive globbing, filename spaces and xargs

* William Scott <wgscott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
> One of the things that I haven't been able to figure
> out is how to deal with the error one gets when using
>
> ls **/*
>
> on a well-populated directory with lots of subdirectories.
>
> zsh: argument list too long
>
> If I do this when there are no filename spaces, it works:
>
> echo **/*  | xargs ls
>
> but if there are spaces, it fails, and I can't seem to figure
> out how to quote or escape the spaces.

You can use `zargs' to do this:
 $ autoload -U zargs
 $ zargs -- ls **/*
Read ``less ${^fpath}/zargs(N)'' for more details. HTH.
--
http://www.strcat.de/zsh/#features [*] Christian 'strcat' Schneider
http://www.strcat.de/zsh/#tipps    [*] Email.......: strcat@xxxxxxx