Expansion order

Hey together,

$ export LS_OPTIONS="-N --color=tty -T 0"
$ alias ls='ls $LS_OPTIONS'
$ ls
/bin/ls: invalid option --
Try `/bin/ls --help' for more information.

How come the zsh is doing the expansion in this case differently from
csh, tcsh, bash and sh?

If it's a configuration option or such, I would be grateful to know. I
looked through the expansion man-pages, but I might have missed it.

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic