Re: can't complete .. paths with 4.2.3

On Thursday 27 January 2005 07:06 pm, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jan 27,  9:29pm, Shawn Halpenny wrote:
> }
> } With zsh 4.2.3, on AIX, HP-UX and Solaris, if I use the completion
> } system I can't complete a path that starts with '..' .
>
> Is there any particular context in which you're completing these
> files? I can't reproduce this on linux with completion after "ls",
> but that doesn't mean it might not happen with some other command.
>
> Have you tried deleting your .zcompdump file?

I can't reproduce this on FreeBSD, either. The only time completion
doesn't work for me in this manner is when the path itself is wrong, or
if I'm entering a complex command where the path appears after an
additional command that isn't recognized by zsh, but I haven't tested
this thoroughly.

- jt