Re: Named directories

Mika Seppänen wrote:

21.2.2005 kello 16:31, Peter Stephenson wrote:

For example, I have the following (and sorry if I'm misinterpreting the question):

I already solved it. Problem was slash at end of path. This is is possibly a bug in zsh, but in any case it can be used as hack to get behaviour you stated bellow:

export UTILDIR=/a/b/c
export ud=$UTILDIR

If I write that in a little bit different way:

export UTILDIR="/a/b/c"
export ud="$UTILDIR/"

Now you can use both with cd-command, but %~ expands to UTILDIR not ud, because of slash at end of ud.

That makes the prompt _always_ UTILDIR. That isn't what I want. I want ~ud to display ~ud, and ~UTILDIR display ~UTILDIR. You gave me a way to choose one, but that's the original problem (that I can only displya one)

Mika

!DSPAM:421b2110173271353218223!