Re: TAB-expansion problems

From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAB-expansion problems
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 04:50:36 +0000

Hi Bart, hi list members!

 :)

 I see, I have to learn A LOT more about zsh!

 Ok, I "killed" cdpath and now my <TAB> does not report "everything
 ever seen" anymore.

 I included the first zstyle in my .$HOME/zshrc and got after entering

		cd <TAB>

 the additonal information, saying:

	    Completing local directory

 which is exactly what I want to have (currently, for the first... ;)

 An addtional I have:

 Suppose your are here:

		 $HOME/ThisDir/AnotherDir

 and in ./AnotherDir there is another dir called "WhereIWantToBe"

 Now I enter

	 cd <TAB>

 Does zsh think that there is no match since I didn't enter

     cd Whe<TAB>

 thus preferring to show me possibilities for completions from the
 path-directories OR does zsh "see" the one and only directoy
 "WhereIWantToBe" and gives me

	 cd WhereIWantToBe

 right after hitting <TAB>?

 Thanks a lot for all the friendly help !

 Keep hacking!
 Meino