Re: ESC-Question

* On Mon Mar-14-2005 at 05:37:46 AM +0100, Meino Christian Cramer said:
> Hi,
[...]
>  I hit ALT-x (execute) and enter the command
>
>    vi-open-line-above (...-below)
>
>  because the simple <RETURN> at the and of the line will execute the
>  script again....
>
>  Is there a Emacs-keybinding or Emacs-related command to open a line ?

Not as visually appealing, but you can separate commands using the
semi-colon. So when you hit C-p and want to add another command just
type a ; first and then continue with the next command.

Another way to do it is using zsh's history expansion[1].
!! recalls the previous command so you can type:

    % !! ; <next command line to execute>

I know this is not what you asked for, but I hope this helps a bit.

[1] I don't want to rant because I'm really fond of history expn, but
you should look into them further at:
http://zsh.sunsite.dk/Doc/Release/zsh_13.html#SEC48

--
Sami Samhuri