faster completion for "open -a" in Apple OS X 10.4

This may be of interest to Apple users:

Wataru Kagawa and I came up with a fast completion for "open -a" that makes use of the new metadata feature in Apple OS X v. 10.4 (the unix counterpart of "Spotlight"). This makes it possible to have an almost instant completion without relying on a traditional cache mechanism.

I use a very customized version of open and _open, but the essentials of the completion function are here:

http://babyurl.com/jNKGLD/_init_open_tiger

Bill Scott