Re: Big delay on login: What's wrong?

On May 12,  4:49am, Fafa Hafiz Krantz wrote:
}
} I'm on a Pentium 120 with FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE, and zsh-4.2.5.
} When I log in, I have to wait in between 5 to 10 seconds before

I just can't get worked up about a 5-10 second delay on a P120.  If
we were talking 30+ seconds, *that's* a "big" delay.  5 seconds is
a small delay.

However, the most likely cause is compaudit calling "getent group".
So, I retract my earlier advice about "compinit -C".  Run compinit
with no arguments once to get the .zcompdump file created, and then
go ahead and use "compinit -C" in your zshrc.

If after that you're still seeing a delay, your best bet for finding
it is to put

	typeset -F SECONDS

somewhere near the top of your zshrc file and then insert a lot of

	: $SECONDS

lines between various things, and then look at the "zsh -x" capture.