Re: Little problem while converting from bash (quoting/splitting?)

On Thu, 12 May 2005 10:39:08 +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote
> Well, you could add \r to IFS, but unfortunately that will generate extra
> blank lines, for example:

I haven't thought about that but I'd like to avoid that

> zsh makes it relatively straightforward to remove the trailing \r by
> surrounding the command substitution with a parameter-style expansion:

Yes I knew that :) but I was just wondering if there's some option to make
zsh act more like bash in that respect.  Thank you anyway!

Best regards
Andrzej
--
   /  | \_/ |/ _ \   Andrzej Marek Ostruszka