Re: Little problem while converting from bash (quoting/splitting?)

On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:29:11 +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote
> Bash apparently reads stdin/stdout pipes in text mode, whereas zsh
> does so in binary mode.  It's somewhat reasonable to assume pipes
> are text in a shell context, but because zsh has so many ways to
> manipulate parameters, I seem to recall a there was a conscious
> decision made to use text mode as little as possible; in effect,
> it's used only when reading from files.

I understand the difference but I'm not sure I follow your arguments
here :)).  Why reading in text mode would be problematic?

> Which suggests a possible workaround; I don't have a cygwin zsh
> handy to try it:
>
>     for f in $(<=(cleartool lsvob -short | head -10)); do ...

Yes it helps.  Thank you.

Best regards
Andrzej
--
   /  | \_/ |/ _ \   Andrzej Marek Ostruszka