Re: zsh compiling on Apple OSX v. 10.4.x

It wasn't clear to me from Bill's original question, that the folks at
Apple have made some mods to the zsh build to get it work on OSX 10.4.
 Here's the url for their Portfile:
http://cvs.opendarwin.org/index.cgi/proj/darwinports/dports/shells/zsh/

It seems that on 10.4, it's better to use select() than poll() for the
terminal IO. Otherwise you get the broken behavior Bill mentions.
Though configure for zsh hasn't been modified to know this.  I'm not
sure how to modify the autoconfg code to change this code for 10.4.
But it would be nice to fix this, so that zsh builds properly on OSX
10.4 w/o hand-edits to config.h.

-FR.