Re: Extract CTIME in zsh 4.2.3?

On Aug 21, 2005, at 4:11 PM, Shawn Halpenny wrote:

I have a list of files, I'd like to extract the ctime from the files,
preferably in yyyy-mm-dd format.

I can't figure out any way to do that.  Is it possible?

If you can load the zsh/stat module, this is very easy:

zmodload zsh/stat
stat -F '%Y-%m-%d' +ctime filename

Thanks for the reply.

I may have my terminology wrong... I'm looking for the created date, the date the file was first made, regardless of when it was last opened or modified.

'stat' seems to change when the file is touch(1)ed

I can still see the created date in Finder, so I assume it has to be stored SOMEWHERE.

TjL