getopts and long options

    Hi all :)

    I have a script which needs to receive a set of highly related
options. This can be implemented using the "getopts" builtin, using
arguments to options and parsing the argument afterwards, but the
best solution is to use long options (in this case, two letter
options). Unfortunately, "getopts" doesn't support long options and
I'm forced to use GNU getopt :(

    I would prefer to use the "getopts" builtin if possible, rather
than GNU getopt, to avoid a dependency, so: is there any 'trick' for
"getopts" to make it accept long options or must I use GNU getopt?

    Thanks a lot in advance :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

It's my PC and I'll cry if I want to...