RE: "here" document broken? (New findings)

> > The following script, call it zsh_here, works well:
> >
> > #!/bin/zsh -f
> > cat << EOD
> >   xxx
> > EOD
> >
> > If I change it like this, it does not work anymore:
> >
> > #!/bin/zsh
> > cat << EOD
> >   xxx
> > EOD
>     First let's take a look at the /etc/zsh* files. If you source
> them explictly in your first example, does it still work?

Things got even more bizarre. When I returned to work after a long
weekend, those scripts which worked last week (i.e. those where I
used the -f flag), now show the same error too!

>     Can you install a new version of zsh locally (in your home) and
> run it to reproduce the error?

This is a good idea. And I will also persuade one of my colleagues to
execute the script in his environment.

Ronald