Re: Is zsh buggy in connection with screen?

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 07:11:57PM +0100, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> Wayne Davison <wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [051108 18:52]:
> > I use screen too, and have implemented some environment variable
> > "tunneling" to ensure that the inner shells get their environment
> > updated.  What I did is to write a shell script named "update_screenenv"
> > that writes out a set of environment-updating commands into a file named
> > ~/.screenenv.  I then alias my normal screen-startup command (which
> > happens to be the alias "scr") to run this command before starting
> > screen:
>
> Man, you safed my life :-) This is a really awesome solution! It works great
> here!

It gets ugly if you want to take multiple attached screens into
account. I have a very ugly, very Linux-specific, solution, which even
does not need any special calls while reattaching screen. It imports
the environment variables from the parent shell of the most recently
reattaching screen.

Ah, and it does not work with grsec :)

See: http://portfolio16.de/tmp/zshrc.screen

Greetings Tobi

PS: I know it would be easy to make the script more portable by saving
the environment variables in some temporary file, but I was to lazy to
implement the file-reaping-logic ;)
--
GPG-Key 0xE2BEA341 - signed/encrypted mail preferred
My, oh so small, homepage: http://portfolio16.de/