Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: completions broken for root user
- X-seq: zsh-users 9720
- From: Scott Lipcon <slipcon@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: completions broken for root user
- Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:24:20 -0500
- Cc: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:x-accept-language:mime-version:to:cc:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=FhRXZg5ljEy9cxXaK3wSRMloDfM5ew243dekeM2sf5O+6RalPGfWN6qjHoyGZruhher29iY6SHy5y7TmvZHdN0PvwdMty+mSA32+Q+ewAhugjnCvtfInmpWD3HWtnfmvVg1TEukIBpQxeyR+2JtHGs5ZCenFVZBzZcWdzD+8FRs=
- In-reply-to: <580cd3b30510011333w38daa4efwc2de3d8fbfaa9882@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <580cd3b30509300858s21a8e20bue3d6e84e633d171b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1051001184053.ZM27916@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <580cd3b30510011333w38daa4efwc2de3d8fbfaa9882@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
for the archives: i finally figured it out - I had an old zcompdump file
that wasn't being auto-regenerated for some reason. After deleting
that, and logging in, completions work fine again.
Scott Lipcon wrote:
Thanks. I tried removing and recompiling the .zwc files anyway,
although root and my user have different .zsh directories, and each can
read its own files with no problem. There are no .zwc files in the
/usr/local/share/zsh directories so that shouldn't be a problem...
For the other poster, I get the same behavior whether I su or log in as
root - the default shell for root on FreeBSD is csh, so whenever I
become root I just run zsh manually... could that have something to do
with it? Running zsh manually as my user the completions work fine.
On 10/1/05, *Bart Schaefer* <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sep 30, 11:58am, Scott Lipcon wrote:
} What else should I be looking for?
The only thing I can think of is to look for .zwc files that are
readable only by root and which need to be recompiled.
Messages sorted by: