Re: Vanishing files ?

On May 28,  5:24pm, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
}
}  Why can I execute the contents of the script "tempwatch" but not the
}  script itsself?

That usually means that the program named in the #! line is not where
the path in that line says it is.

Have you checked that you're not, for example, attempting to execute
a program named "/bin/zsh^M" (where ^M is a carriage return)?  Or some
other stray character you can't see at the end of the line?  I assume
zsh really is in /bin/.

}  By the way: Does anyone know a trick how to remove _all_
}  Escape-Sequences from a script generated by the command "script" ...

The order of tab and space in $'\t ' is important.  The above actually
strips anything that's not printable ASCII, so if you're using an ISO
character set you probably need to put more stuff inside the [ ].