Re: Vanishing files ?

Hi,

On Mon, May 29, 2006 at 10:56:03AM +0200, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>  But the '^M' wasn't visible to me, since vim and Microemacs both
>  recognized that file as to be "DOS-borne" and switches into DOS-mode
>  internally. Vim and Microemacs have special modes to display
>  all non-printable characters and would (as I thought in that moment)
>  display a stray ^M if switched to that mode.

Vim shows the fileformat it used when opening or writing the file:
"myscript" [dos] 3L, 21C

And you can show and change that setting with ":set fileformat?" and
":set fileformat=unix"

BTW: Vim only asumes fileformat=dos if all lines end with CRLF.

Greetings Tobi

--
GPG-Key 0xE2BEA341 - signed/encrypted mail preferred
My, oh so small, homepage: http://portfolio16.de/