typing commands before the prompt appears

Hi,

I'm using zsh 4.3.2 at a Debian unstable box. Usually I start a GNU
screen session and work with several zsh windows in it. However, when I
open a new window (Strg+A c), it sometimes takes some time until the
shell prompt appears (machine is under some load). I begin typing right
after I opened the window and alle characters which were typed before
the prompt comes up, don't show up at the prompt.
example:
^Ac
alongcommanjens@qbiathome:~/ >dname
In this example I want to enter 'alongcommandname', but only dname came
up. The rest is before the PS1 and can't be used.

Someone in IRC thought it could be a specific screen setting. So I
tested screen without config and got the same behaviour.

Do you have any ideas what settings cause this (or can I provide more
info)?. Any helpful hint would be nice.

Thanks

--
Jens Kubieziel                                   http://www.kubieziel.de