From: Jan Srzednicki <w@xxxxxxxx>
To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 5:41:32 PM
Subject: rcc - an uniform approach to init/rc scripts

Hello,

After being quite tired of different init script styles on different
operating systems or distributions, I have decided to write a script
that would integrate all of their types into one simple command. Now it
has becomed quite featurable, so I decided to share it with The
Community. ;)

I have decided to use the name 'rcc', as it appears to be unused in unix
environment, yet is short and easy to type. The utility is very simple
to use, eg. in the form "rcc service start".

The real tough job was to get completion working with several different
script types, which are parsed and rcc tries to determine what commands
does given script accept. The thing has been tested on FreeBSD (with
both old and new style scripts), Debian and Gentoo; will probably work
on any SysV init style Linux distribution, but of course patches are
welcome.

Enough talking, here it is:

http://wrzask.pl/files/zsh_rcc

(all the instalation and usage information is in the comments)

Feedback is welcome. ;)

--
Jan Srzednicki
w@xxxxxxxx