Re: autocompletion of file url's

Nathan Haigh <n.haigh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This makes it sound like there are zsh functions already in place for
> subversion, is this correct? If so, where can i find them and how do i set
> my shell up to use them as i'm pretty sure they are currently not in use on
> my debian machine.

See the zshcompsys manual page.  The simple way to start is
"autoload -U compinit; compinit".  The patch I posted is for the lastest
version of zsh; I've committed a change to the 4.2 branch to the archive.
You probably need at least 4.2.something for any half-way reasonable subversion
completion.

> I assume you are talking about zsh functions for subversion command
> autocompletion here? e.g. "svn che<tab>" completes to "svn checkout" -
> again, i don't think i currently have this working - how do i do this?

Once the system is installed as above, it will find completions for
subversion automatically.

> Do you mean generic URL completion for things like "file:///p<tab>"
> should already work? If so, it is not in my case - again, how can i get
> it working?

Same answer.  There's just the single step for activating the entire
system.  There are lots of configuration options using "zstyle", however.