Re: How to insert completions on command line

On 8/19/06, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Aug 18, 10:16pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
}
} > zstyle :completion:expand-word:expand:\* tag-order all-expansions
} >
} > Then type ctrl-X e
}
} This seems to only have an effect on globbing completions

That's the second time this summer I've misinterpreted that same
question.  (Which means the answer is in the zsh-users archives
from only a few weeks ago, if you had looked.)

Look up _all_matches in the manual.

          zle -C all-matches complete-word _generic
          bindkey '^Xa' all-matches
          zstyle ':completion:all-matches:*' old-matches only
          zstyle ':completion:all-matches::::' completer _all_matches

Thanks, that works perfectly. Looking at the old message i vaguely
remember reading it at the time, but didn't realize i would want it.
I'm also not sure what i would have searched for without knowing the
name "_all_matches".

--
Mikael Magnusson