Re: laptop tty beeps regardless of no_beep

On Aug 21,  2:38pm, Francisco Borges wrote:
}
} I have a dell laptop, running Kubuntu and the zsh4.3.2, if I log on a
} tty (getty BTW), zsh will ignore the no_beep option and... beep away.

no_beep only stops zsh itself from emitting a BEL (ctrl-g) character at
certain times such as on failed completion.  It doesn't really turn off
the terminal bell.

Are you saying that failed completions etc. are beeping at you even when
you setopt nobeep?