The opposite of bindkey -m

Hi,

 in a previous mail I asked, whether it is possible to change zsh to
 understand meta-keys in "binary form" instead of keycombinations with
 <ESC>->key>, cause vim understands only those - "bindkey -m" was the
 solution.

 Now the midnight commander only partly works, since it insists of
 getting the other kind of meta-keys: <ESC>-key.

 Is there any way to "disable" bindkey -m without restarting zsh ?
 If yes I could create an alias of the form "alias mc='bindkey <something>; mc'

 Kind regards,
 mcc