Re: comments toward completion system docs

# pws@xxxxxxx / 2006-09-19 10:27:25 +0100:
> Thanks for the comments, I'll try and fold them in when I get a chance.
> Detailed comments like the ones you sent are much more likely to
> help than vague ones like "I didn't understand this bit", since
> unfortunately no one has time to rewrite things from scratch without
> some idea of where they're going.

    Sure, that's basic common sense, and also the reason I agonized over
    the introduction sketch for a few days. I wanted to offer more than
    a "wtf?" when I was going to ask. So I kept reading, and got in a
    kind of loop: didn't understand, and wanted to offer more than a
    "wtf?"... etc.

    Really, as I'm reading the manual again and again looking up what I
    think /might/ be the right API, or just useful for what I want to
    do, I run into various bits of the introductory information hidden
    at different places. It's all there, only in a suboptimal form, so
    pulling it up should be quite doable.

> You might notice in 4.3 there's now a "roadmap" manual page to try
> to introduce various of the more interesting parts of the manual.

    I'm looking forward to reading it when 4.3 comes out.

> By the way, you should have seen the documentation for _arguments
> before I massaged it.  At that point, *I* could hardly understand it.

    I appreciate the hard work that's been put into both books.
    Documentation is hard.

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.