Re: ZLE widget to run gdb on command line

    Hi Chris :)

 * Chris Johnson <cjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> DervishD sent me the following 1.0K:

    This is the most funny attribution line I've ever seen XDDDD

> > > Hi.  I just thought I'd share a widget that I find helpful.  Invoking
> > > gdb is something I need to do a lot lately, it seems, and I often think
> > > I can pass the program's arguments as arguments to gdb:
> >
> >     Try this:
> >
> >     gdb --args myprog arg1 arg2 arg3
>
> You think they'd document these things in the man pages.  Or maybe my
> man pages are out of date.

    With GNU things, don't rely on manpages, rely on the info
documentation (yes, I hate that format too, but...). In the --help
output the "--args" option is slightly documented (being "slightly"
the keyword here...).

    Unfortunately, not all software is as well documented as zsh,
specially GNU software.

> >     (if you don't use a core argument, of course)
> >
> >     BTW, the widget is quite useful, not only for gdb, but for other
> > interactive programs too where you ALWAYS run certain command at
> > startup. Thanks :))
>
> Yep, you still need to type "run" with --args.  Thanks for the heads-up.

    I'm using your widget right now with a friend's ftp server that
forces me to do "epsv4 off" in my ftpclient each time I connect. As I
said, this is quite useful :))

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado