Re: Move command line options to start of line

In the last episode (Oct 07), Bart Schaefer said:
> On Oct 7,  1:02pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } Consider (example contrived on the spur of the moment, but not
> } wholly unrealistic):
> }
> }   su -c 'rm -f .zshrc' username -l
>
> But does
>
>     su -c'rm -f .zshrc' username
>
> work in a true POSIX shell?  Is it required to?

su isn't POSIX, but I don't think either of the above commands should
work.  -c isn't an option to su, it's an option to the shell launched
by su, so it should follow the username.  Linux's su apparently passes
-c on to the shell, but no other OSes do (and some use -c themselves).

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx