RE: logout from interactive subshell

> >    rlogin foobar
> >    DO SOME STUFF
> >    cleartool setview myview # this creates a subshell
> >    DO MORE STUFF
> >    cleartool setview yourview # now I'm two subshells deep
> >    DO STILL MORE STUFF
> >    # Now I want to exit
> >    exit
> >    exit
> >    logout
> >
> > I would like to have a (interactive) command which does the
> final two
> > exits plus
> > a logout for me.
>
> exec cleartool ....

I gave "cleartool" just as an example. The point is not that I do not
want
the subshells to NOT be created. In contrary, I *want* to have the
subshells
(and they are not always created by setting a view, but sometimes simply
by invoking "bash" or "zsh" respectively), because I often want to make
changes in the environment, do something, and then undo the changes,
i.e.
often
cases that I am deep in a series of interactive subshells, and decide I
do not want to back up one or two levels, but leave all of them and
logout.

So your solution doesn't solve the original problem either....

Ronald
--
Ronald Fischer (phone +49-89-63676431)
mailto:mn-pg-p-e-b-consultant-3.com@xxxxxxxxxxx