Re: Weird behaviour with exporting PATH

On Sun, 05. Nov 2006, Stephane Chazelas wrote:

> PATH should be defined in your .profile as it's a setting for your
> session, not for your shell only.

This file is not processed on my system. Do I have to source it
manually?

> That indicates you are in vi mode. It shouldn't be related to
> $PATH.

You are right, it is not related to $PATH. One line after setting it,
$EDITOR is set to vim. Sorry for confusing.

> Adding:
> bindkey -e
> to your ~/.zshrc should force the emacs mode.

Thank you, that helped. But is there a "vim"-mode instead of vi? I did
not find it in the documentation.

Regards
 Stephan