Re: Start mc with every new shell

if [[ -z $ZSH_IN_MC ]]; then
> export ZSH_IN_MC=1
> mc
fi

Works great! thanks. This requires an extra ctrl+o later, but thats
not much of a bother..

It lets you multiplex one terminal between many different >applications so that you can have mc in one "window" and a shell in >another, completely independent of each other.

THe thing that I really want was a quick list of files/folders of the
current directory, without having to a.lose the prompt b.type
something>shift+pageup to see past text c.I hate 'ls'
mc gives a solution, since it syncs with pwd when in 'ctrl+o' mode !!
So I can just go about my business in zsh, then perss ctrl+o to see
the files, and ctrl+o back again to zsh!

Here's what I had in mind (initially):

http://h1.ripway.com/chesss/dirlist.png