Re: Adding array content to cd completion

* arno. [2006.11.15 00:30]:
> Is it "named directories" you are looking for ?

Thanks, but no. I already use those, the problem
is they are static (see below).

> It's not exactly what you are asking, but may be
> it could help.

The directory array is dynamic. It is kind of like
the directory stack -- a history of the
directories I've visited -- with some differences.

But in fact the exact purpose isn't really that
important: I'm doing this to learn how to
customize the completion system.

I've figured out from various sources how to
create a completion widget but I haven't yet found
an elegant way to just add some matches to an
existing completer function. Hence my question.

Maybe just hacking _cd would be the best way to
learn...

--
JR