script within find

Here's a mystery solving which I've avoided for a while.  Now that I'm
going to publish a recipe for fixing Photoshop installation on a
case-sensitive Mac drive, I'd like to compress it into one script.

The problem is, the script contains a find command, which passes all
things it finds via -exec to a small helper script.  The helper script
is necessary since it seems difficult to make -exec contain a single
in-line command to do it.  Here they are:

-- the find command:

find . -name a -exec ~/bin/fix-ps-cs2.sh {} \;

-- the helper script, ~/bin/fix-ps-cs2.sh:

#!/bin/sh
DIR=`dirname $1`
(cd $DIR; ln -s a A)

as you see, it needs to invoke dirname on the argument, then create a
symlink in that dirname.

Can the helper script be avoided and all the work done within the
single find command?

Cheers,
Alexy