Re: vi-caps-lock-panic

On Monday 2007-05-21 13:30 +1000, fREW output:
:Hey fellas,
:In the zshzle manpage I found the following:
:       vi-caps-lock-panic
:              Hang until any lowercase key is pressed.  This is for  vi  users
:              without the mental capacity to keep track of their caps lock key
:              (like the author).

The author in the case is Paul Falstad.  This is a very old feature.

:This would be super useful to me, (I'm like the author (-: ) but how
:do you use it?  I mean, if I have to press a key to invoke it, I might
:as well just look down to see if the caps lock light is on.

Presumably you bind it to keys which don't make sense in uppercase.
e.g. in vi command mode, some navigation keys have no meaningful uppercase
complement, so something like:

% bindkey -M vicmd 'H' vi-caps-lock-panic
% bindkey -M vicmd 'K' vi-caps-lock-panic
% bindkey -M vicmd 'L' vi-caps-lock-panic

Then if you try to do some basic navigation in command mode with the
caps-lock on it will beep and whinge until you turn it off.

Regards,
Geoff