Re: regarding login prompt

Boyd Adamson wrote:
> OT: Out of interest, why is it that zsh uses the % by convention? It
> seems (as a relative newcomer) to be more rooted in the bourne shell
> tradition, yet the % has historically been used by csh.

Zsh was originally written to make csh users feel at home in a ksh-like
environment, so the interactive features that didn't affect scripting
often looked a lot like csh.

It might well have been different if it were done now, but actually I'm
quite happy with "%" since "\" is already rather overloaded in shells.

.