Re: [OT] Re: pretty easy thing but too hard for me! (random array element)

On 06/08/07, Angel Olivera <redondos@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon 06.Aug.07 18:21, Michael Prokop wrote:

> >Just google for "List Reply-To considered harmful" for more
> >information.
>
> It's called "reply-to munging", a topic that arises so frequently in
> mailing lists that there should be an adage about it (such as Goldwin's
> law). Let's please not get into pointless, endless arguments. :-)

I do not want to start any flamewar and since I switched (most of) my
lists to GMail, I benefit from its strange auto-reply-to-list magic anyway,
but for completeness, let everyone read both the anti [1] and the pro [2]
stance on mungling. And yes, I mungle the lists I admin. And no, I will
not participate in any ensuing discussion. People's minds tend to be
made up on this issue already, anyway :)

[1] http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html
[2] http://marc.merlins.org/netrants/reply-to-useful.html