RE: bindkey and 8 bit characters

Peter Stephenson wrote:
>"Carl Johnson" wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm trying to get zsh to understand meta characters so that i can do stuff =
>> like ...
>>
>> bindkey -s '\M-v' 'vi *.{h,cpp}\n'
>>
>> I know that X is getting the event because i can map meta-key plus up-arrow
>> to scroll up a line in an xterm, and i know zsh can display meta
>> characters because...
>>
>> print '\M-v'
>>
>> prints what i expect...
>
>It's still possible, even given what you've tried, that xterm isn't
>sending the sequence you expect to the terminal.  What happens if you type
>"read<Enter>" and then Meta-v, does anything show up on the terminal?

nope nothing.

>If not, xterm is probably still unconvinced about what to do with it.

ok, i'll go digging on google to see if i can find anything else
that xterm needs (other than eightBitInput: true).

thanks for the reply.
cheers,

Disclaimer:

1. The contents of this email and its attachments are confidential and privileged. Any unauthorised use, or passing on, of the information to others who are not authorised is expressly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please advise us and then delete the email with any attachments.

2. Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. The contents of this email and its attachments may become scrambled, truncated or altered in transmission. Please advise us of any anomalies.

3. Racing & Wagering WA's liability  is limited to resupplying the email and attached files or the cost of having them resupplied.

4. The views represented in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Racing & Wagering WA unless this is clearly indicated.