Re: ZSH (CVS) configure problem?

On 10 Oct, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>> I've tried to build zsh (from CVS) with the "multibyte" configure
>> option. But in that case, the linker fails because it now needs
>> -lncursesw -ldl  instead of just -lncurses.
>> The build without this options ran just fine.
>
> I don't understand what you're saying; configure doesn't search ncursesw
> unless you tell it to.  Do you mean configure is finding ncurses but
> linking is failing at some point?  Also, multibyte mode is now handled
> automatically if it's avilable:  what options are you changing that cause
> it to fail?  Could you say
>
> - what arguments you're passing to configure
> - what libraries configure is coming up with
> - what error is being produced during building.

I'm using a GenToo ebuild which amounts to
	econf \
		--bindir=/bin \
		--libdir=/usr/$(get_libdir) \
		--enable-etcdir=/etc/zsh \
		--enable-zshenv=/etc/zsh/zshenv \
		--enable-zlogin=/etc/zsh/zlogin \
		--enable-zlogout=/etc/zsh/zlogout \
		--enable-zprofile=/etc/zsh/zprofile \
		--enable-zshrc=/etc/zsh/zshrc \
		--enable-fndir=/usr/share/zsh/${PV%_*}/functions \
		--enable-site-fndir=/usr/share/zsh/site-functions \
		--enable-function-subdirs \
		--enable-ldflags="${LDFLAGS}" \
		--with-tcsetpgrp \
		--with-curses-terminfo \
		--with-maildir-support \
		--with-pcre \
		--with-cap \
		--with-multibyte

The final link links the library -lncurses and fails because external
references ( I don't remember the 4 names ? add_wch) couldn't be
resolved. Linking to -lncursesw -ldl, instead, was successful.
For the moment I've stepped back to not using --with-multibyte .

Many thanks,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch