From: ethersoft@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:ethersoft@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Vin
Shelton
Sent: 20 October 2007 13:09
To: John Cooper
Cc: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Completion problems on cygwin when nocaseglob is set

On 10/20/07, John Cooper wrote:
> I've just installed Vista and upgraded to zsh version 4.3.4 (from
> cygwin).
>
> If I `zsh -f', and then:
>   $ setopt nocaseglob
>   $ ls c:/<TAB> # works - files in c:/ are listed
>
> If I then:
>   $ autoload -U compinit
>   $ compinit
>   $ ls c:/<TAB>   # fails - Windows beeps and no files are listed
>
> If I then:
>   $ setopt caseglob
>   $ ls c:/<TAB>   # works again - files in c:/ are listed

Those are not valid filenames under cygwin.  You can use /cygdrive/c
(or /c if you mount c:/ there), but c:/ is not a posix-compatible
filename.  It may have worked in the past, but it was by accident, not
by design.  If you want more details, you can search the archives of
the cygwin mailing list.

HTH,
  Vin

--