Re: full bash compatibility

On Oct 20,  1:16pm, Maurice wrote:
}
} is there an easy way to set up zsh that it behaves exactly like
} bash?  I mean with every keybinding etc.

Easy?  No.

For one thing, bash and zsh have a number of inherent differences in
history and parameter substitutions that cannot be configured away.

For another, ZLE is not GNU readline.  For example, ZLE doesn't support
the form of history search that is bound to ESC-p by default in bash,
although I suppose vi-history-search-backward comes close.  There's no
translation that I know of from ~/.inputrc commands to bindkey et al.,
though someone motivated might possibly be able to create one.

So far, no one has been motivated.