From: John Cooper [mailto:John.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 October 2007 09:57
To: Matthew Wozniski; zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Slow compdump on Vista - no .zcompdump created

> try running
> cacls "`cygpath -w /c/Users/johnc.CITRITE/Documents`"
>
> and seeing if the output tells you anything interesting about the ACLs
> in effect.  After all, there has to be some reason why cygwin doesn't
> think that you have full write permissions to that directory.

It doesn't seem to show anything peculiar - it indicates that I (a
domain user) have full permissions and (I think) that these permissions
are inherited:
  CITRITE\johnc:F
  CITRITE\johnc:(OI)(CI)(IO)F

It also shows that Domain Users (and also "Everyone") have some special
read permissions:
  CITRITE\Domain Users:(special access:)
                                                      READ_CONTROL
                                                      FILE_READ_EA

FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES

I'll take a look later on my home machine (not in a domain) to see if
the problem occurs there - I suspect it won't.

    --- John.