Re: multiple OSes

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007, Oliver Kiddle wrote:

also, i've got this in my ~/.zshrc:
   alias rm="rm -i" # safety first!

In my opinion, this is a very unsafe thing to do. You get used to the -i option, then one day when you have to use a system that lacks your personal settings, you will lose some files because you were going to type no for the files you wanted. It's better to call your alias something else like ri and get used to it.

i like the idea of an ri alias... but i might make it rmi.

--
        ...atom

 http://atom.smasher.org/
 762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

	"You do realize that in a year's time I will
	 have contradicted everything I've said."
		-- John Lydon