Re: command-cancellation with # - my alternatives

Hi Micah,

> I operate in vi-mode.  I frequently use this sequence to
> interrupt and save a command I'm in the middle of typing: <Esc>#

You might wanna try using "push-line" (bound to Alt-q by default).
I couldn't live without it anymore!

Or another method I use regularily is:
 - delete the whole line pressing Ctrl-u
 - do whatever you want to do
 - recover the deleted line pressing Ctrl-y
    (and maybe Alt-y a couple of times if you "killed" more inbetween)

This has the great advantage of not cluttering the zsh history with
commands you never even executed.  Would confuse me a lot lateron!

Ah, above are the emacs-bindings, but there are vi-binding too, of course.
 Andy.

--
 Where did you get lost today after you went where you wanted?