Re: history-incremental-search-backward and personnal zle widget

Mikael Magnusson wrote:
On 29/12/2007, antho.charles@xxxxxxxxx <antho.charles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> [...]

My question is: is there a way to keep my binded widget and use it
with history-incremental-search-backward?

I found that too, and encountered the same problem. My limited
investigations led me to believe you would have to hack around in the
C code a fair bit to fix this.

Whot? I though zsh even cooks you coffee in the morning if
you just tell it to. How about (untested, but let's give
it a go):

function scrub-history-incremental-search-backward () {
  bindkey -r "."
  zle .history-incremental-search-backward
  bindkey "." rationalise-dot
}

zle -N scrub-history-incremental-search-backward

bindkey "^R" scrub-history-incremental-search-backward

Casper