Re: glob expansion

Lloyd Zusman <ljz@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Michael Wild <themiwi@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> [ ... ]
>>
>> find /usr/lib -type f -name *.so
>>
>> [ ... ]
>>
>> So my question: Is there any way to change the expansion behavior of
>> ZSH? The man-pages and the FAQ didn't help me, nor did google. But
>> then, I'm quite sure I didn't use the appropriate search terms...
>
> Try this:
>
>   alias find='noglob /usr/bin/find'
>
> Then, issue the command above.  This works for specific commands.  Also,
> look at 'setopt nonomatch' if you want this behavior all the time.

Of course, the 'nonomatch' option doesn't work quite the same way as the
'noglob' prefix.  It only suppresses the error and returns the wildcard
if the glob doesn't match -- it expands it if it does.  The 'noglob'
prefix ensures that no glob expansion will be performed in any case.

I shouldn't post here before my morning coffee.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 ljz@xxxxxxxxxx