Re: info and vi (was Re: Does zsh have anything like readline's edit-and-execute-command ?)

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 01:38:22PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
[...]
>     alias info='info --vi-keys'
>
> I was not.  However.  If the 4 movement keys, neither "h" nor "l" do
> anything like movement.  "return" doesn't enter the nodes.  Ah,
> apparent "C-x RET" enters a node.
>
> That's not sufficiently vi-like to make me comfortable; I think I'll
> stick to pinfo, where l and h do what I expect (move in and out of
> nodes).  Thanks, though.
[...]

You may want to have a look at:

$ info 'info standalone' 'Custom Key Bindings'

(note that I used zsh completion to come with that command line,
so it's not completely off-topic ;).

pinfo doesn't support "i" and "g" which in my opinion are the
two features (with completion) that give info its special power.

--
Stéphane