Re: Question on filename completion

On May 21,  1:41pm, Gowtham M wrote:
}
} thousands of matches are to be checked. So, I would like
} to disable this feature for every completion attempt.
}
} How can I do it?

Other than by applying the patch PWS sent for _path_files and then
setting the accept-exact-dirs zstyle, you mean?

You can try generalizing the preserve-prefix hack that I suggested:

    zstyle ':completion:*' preserve-prefix '*/'

That will force _path_files to do its work only on the rightmost
path segment, after the rightmost slash.  I don't immediately see
any severe drawbacks, but that doesn't mean there aren't some.