zsh: complete $PATH specs / emacs keybindings when editor is vi

Hi there,

I am new here, hello. I have been using zsh on OpenBSD as my default
shell for about one year now and it is almost perfect for my needs.

I have 2 queries which I have been unable to answer via FAQ/man pages
(unless i missed them in which case sorry):

1) Can zsh expand paths separated by colons. This is useful when
setting PAT, MANPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH etc.

for example:
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/b<TAB>
should expand to:
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin/

2) I love vi/vim and have never used emacs. However I am used to emacs
shell bindings (^A/^E = begin/end of line) from when i used to use
ksh. Can i use these keybindings whilst EDITOR=vim?

Thanks

--

Best Regards

Edd