Re: strace completion (Re: grouping/joining _values)

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 09:37:12AM +0100, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
[...]
> how disapointing. Could you please send me your binary of strace
> so that I can try and understand how this can happen?
>
> I was quite confident it would work as it worked on old RHEL
> x86, new debian x86 and old Solaris sparc (with truss).
[...]

You must be on x86_64? I observe the same on
td152.testdrive.hp.com (debian)

Anyway, I also found that if it's built without optimisation or
older gccs, it fails early because strcmp is then called and
strace fails before it have a chance to compare the system
call names.

--
Stéphane