Yodl has been discontinued for 13 years... zsh still uses it for texi docs?

I've had some issues building ZSH from CVS on AIX. Turns out it doesn't build zsh.texi, which requires yodl to build.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/yodl/ says it's been discontinued for 13 years now.. (4 years in 1999 when that page was last updated).

I'm also having a hard time finding the thing on any ftp mirror (it's been taked down). Finally managed to track in down in a Debian repo.

Is there a specific reason zsh doesn't move to texinfo or something or is there an updated version of yodl around (I've failed to find one).

Criveti Mihai
http://unixsadm.blogspot.com